Small Luxury Hotels, or SLH, is yet another boutique hotels group with a decent spread worldwide. You may have heard the name from its connection with the Hyatt hotels that started a couple of years ago.
SLH has its own loyalty program as well, and members can enjoy some benefits when booking direct:
- Invited entry level with complimentary wi-fi, early check-in and late check-out upon request
- Inspired four nights per annum, with complimentary breakfast and room upgrade subject to availability thrown in
- Indulged thirteen nights per annum, with a free night voucher upon attaining status and invitation-only events
SLH runs quite a few promotions in collaboration with different organisation that gift you Inspired status straightaway without meeting the stay requirement. Even better, there’s even a chance for instant upgrade to Indulged, their top-level status.
You could view the offer page here. Through this offer, HSBC Jade members can enjoy a complimentary upgrade to Indulged courtesy of a special arrangement. HSBC Jade is a semi-secretive client tier within the bank, and you won’t get in unless you are very wealthy. However, this offer doesn’t require any validation – simply login or create a new account on the page, and the upgrade should take effect right away.
It worked for me briefly, and then dropped to Inspired a few days later 🤷♂️ To be fair, the stay benefits between Inspired and Indulged look almost identical.
Remember that you can also book SLH hotels through Hyatt, difference being:
- Not all SLH hotels are bookable through Hyatt
- Only Best Flexible Rate is available on Hyatt, whereas many discount rates on SLH
- Earn Hyatt points, or $300 voucher for every 12 nights with SLH
- Stay benefits are pretty much the same on paper, however I’d expect Indulged / Globalist members fare better with regards to room upgrade
- Free 12-Month Mr & Mrs Smith GoldSmith Membership (Usually £400)
- Free Leading Hotels of the World Club membership (usually $175)