In a bid to encourage (domestic) travellers to visit and stay in London, the capital city is hosting a Hotel Week London event which intends to offer some attractive hotel deals.
You could find more information here. The event is from May 28 to June 6, although most hotels will run the promotion for stays up until the end of June.
There are around 30 participating hotels at the moment, most of which belonging to major hotel groups such as Hilton and Marriott, together with a handful of independently operated ones.
Before you get too excited, I’d recommend to read through the terms as many of the so-called deals are laughable. Novotel Canary Wharf wants £189 for a standard room – without breakfast even, and the hotel was typically priced at under £100 for a weekend night pre-Covid. Pullman St Pancras, which is also an Accor hotel, has an asking price starting from £190, and it usually sells for circa £120 during sales.
That said, there are still a few highlights that may be interesting.
100 Queen’s Gate, a Hilton Curio Collection Hotel
- Book a two-bed Family Room, and enjoy a complimentary second night
- Upgrade to Duplex Suite Family Room subject to availability
- Free breakfast for up to 4 pp
- £50 hotel credit per stay
- Guaranteed late check-out
You can book on Hilton’s website directly for the first night, and then contact the hotel to add the second. The price I was quoted was £462, which isn’t bad for the package.
London Marriott Hotel Park Lane (Rate Code 12092)
St Pancras Renaissance Hotel (Rate Code 12092)
- 25% off if you book two rooms
- Includes breakfast, early check-in and late check-out
- Complimentary upgrade to Executive Room for the first room
- 20% off Best Flexible Rate
- Breakfast and £25 hotel credit included
- 10am check-in and 6pm check-out
The Tower Hotel (promo code LDNHOTELWEEK)
- Special price of £99 per night for a standard room
- Reduced price of £79 for May 28th, 29th and 30th